How to create good content
This guide will expand on the factors that make up that great page. It also covers some tools that come in handy when creating good content.
1. Your content should answer what potential clients are searching for.
We know that superb content should answer what customers are searching for. Creating or optimizing content your customers are not searching for will not get you results in search engines.
So we should start with keyword research when creating good content. Simply type in your topic or subject keyword into Google.
Google Autocomplete – When you begin typing in the search box, Google performs a prediction of possible search queries and displays a drop-down list of related words and phrases.
Many other free tools can now be used for keyword research.
2. Create comprehensive and easy-to-read content
We learned that comprehensive content is well-rounded and covers all the necessary points on a subject matter. You must ensure that your content is easy to understand, relevant, and valuable to your audience.
One tool that helps out in writing great content is the Semrush writing assistant.
This tool is integrated with the WordPress editor and will assist you in creating optimised content, based on your keywords, and so much more.
Remember, when creating your content:
- Include headings and subheadings between paragraphs
- At least 1000 words for your blog post, depending on what you are writing about.
- Use an active voice in your content. Hemingway app is a good free tool to help make your content bold and clear.
- Not every one of your sentences should be sophisticated. Try to write content that is easy and simple to understand, one that a primary school reader can understand.
Another tool that optimises your content is the Yoast SEO tool, another great WordPress SEO plugin. There are many other tools that also work on different platforms.
3. Include images and video to engage potential customers
Humans are visual by nature. We are drawn to visual content more than text.
The aim of writing good content is to engage your audience. Adding great images and videos will go a long way in achieving this.
- Make sure to have relevant images to your content and communicate your message clearly.
- Ensure also to have optimised images, which is essential for SEO.
- Have original images in your content.
In addition to the images and video, use structured data in your content.
Structured data helps search engine bots and crawlers easily find content on your web page. This rich data will set you apart from the competition. For instance, If you place your FAQ in structured data, your content will be optimised, but Google can easily understand your FAQ, hence being able to refer to your web page traffic related to your FAQs.
4. Have a great title and introduction
Last but not least, we now know that a headline is one of the most critical elements of your content. This is because meta titles and description is where a client’s journey starts. It’s what users see in Google when they search about your topic or subject matter. It is a free ad in Google search results.
Yoast SEO tool is a great WordPress plugin that helps you have the correct meta titles and descriptions. Updating your meta title and description will surely increase your rankings and results in search engines.
Some Helpful Links
Take a look at these other links for more information.