MRK WP - The WordPress Professionals
The Ultimate FAQ Tool for WordPress!
Our plugin makes it easy to manage your website’s frequently asked questions and answers. FAQs are a great addition for any page on your site, especially if you want content search engines can easily index!
Amazing Core Features
FAQs are a great addition to any page on your website and are extremely helpful for SEO purposes. Most web page content leads to questions. When people use a search engine they are also asking questions.
With our FAQ Plugin, you can incorporate an FAQ section onto any page of your website with structured data implemented for you, right out of the box!
FAQ Plugin adds a new custom post type to your dashboard with an editor to easily add and manage your questions and answers.
It supports multiple page builders including Divi and Gutenberg. The plugin also includes two Divi modules and two Gutenberg blocks with various design options, giving you even greater control over how your FAQs look!
Page Builder Support for Gutenberg & Divi
We support a number of page builder tools to give you maximum flexibility on how you create your WordPress website.
Works on any page to boost your SEO efforts!
A key part of any good web design is an FAQ section, or Frequently Asked Questions. Generally, an FAQ page should answer common questions or remarks from your customers. Importantly, if you answer questions on your website you are more likely to get search traffic from Google. With the right markup this can provide a significant increase in sales!
Why should you incorporate FAQs in your web pages?
Answering questions can help people know more about your product or service. The more questions you answer, the higher chance you have of a conversion to a sale. Pages with more complete information are generally going to get more readers. As a result you can get more leads from a bigger audience.
We encourage all our web design customers to incorporate an FAQ into their website. It is also a good idea to incorporate an FAQ into each relevant page. FAQ Plugin allows you to do this with the use of categories. This can lead to a significant boost in your search engine ranking.
Our FAQ Plugin goes beyond providing a good FAQ layout. It provides a custom area to answer and categorise your customers questions. This means you can insert an awesome FAQ element on to any page of your website.
Our plugin provides central management of each question with a custom post type called “FAQs”. This makes large FAQ libraries very easy to manage.
The FAQ Plugin also includes Categories. This means you can display any FAQ group on any page simply by selecting a category. A question can also have more than one category. This is helpful for circumstances where one FAQ item is on many pages.
1. Two Gutenberg Blocks
The plugin features two Gutenberg Blocks to help you implement an FAQ the way you want. FAQ plugin adds MRKWP Blocks to your Gutenberg block manager. Here you will find two new FAQ block options:
FAQ Accordion – displays FAQs in a single column with open and close toggles. You can select by category, as well as styling options.
FAQ List – displays your FAQs as a list on the page. You can select by category, as well as complete style control over the question and answer text.
Each block produces clean HTML and also adds structured data to your page. This allows you to have AMP supported content that can give an additional boost to your SEO.
2. Two Divi Modules
The FAQ Plugin adds two modules to the Divi Builder that allow you to insert and style FAQ entries on any page. The dedicated modules have plenty of customisation options that go beyond a Divi layout pack.
DF – FAQ – this module displays the FAQs in a single list with open and close toggles. You can style the module with the standard Divi module settings. You can also choose to display specific categories only.
DF – Multi Column FAQ – this module displays the FAQs in multiple column layout options. The questions display in open state only. The standard Divi module settings apply and you can choose to display by category.
3. Making Use of Structured Data
Our plugin provides the structured data Google requires to understand your FAQ. This is a big bonus of using our FAQ Plugin. It will give you a boost to your SEO efforts and help get better page rankings.
It works great when a user completes a Google search. The result will have a FAQ listing directly in the search results. This is also referred to as a “rich result”.
We have found that our FAQ structured data gets a 3.1% click through rate in organic search. For the same page without that FAQ we get 2%. This is a huge difference in click through rate and means FAQ Structured data gives a direct business benefit.
We have a tutorial available here on how you can test and install structured data on your website.
We would also recommend you read up on the FAQ Page Schema and the results other people have gotten by implementing this data. It works really well at increasing click through rate to your site from organic results.
Product Help Documents
Frequently Asked Questions
The standard FAQ module renders the FAQ items as an accordion. The multi column FAQ module renders the FAQ items as plain text question/answer format.
Yes, we need to write a filter which will add a view “slug” as shown the in example below. This code can either be written in a custom plugin or the functions.php file of your theme (or child theme if you are using a third party theme). For full instructions you can read the help doc here.
The main benefit is Structured Data. It helps your questions get indexed by the search engines. Secondly its easier to manage your FAQs on multiple pages using this tool.
Product Change Log
3.1.7 – July 16, 2021
- Update to search button
- FAQ is now public and queryable for rest base and site search
- FAQ is now a public post type
3.1.3 – October 25, 2020
- Added a fix for color selection on hover state for the accordion icons.
3.1.2 – October 24, 2020
- Multi column heading bug fix.
- Updated Freemius SDK
- Added in the Additional 3.1.1 that was not released.
3.1.1 – September 14, 2020
- Multi Column Heading Bug Fix
3.1.0 – September 12, 2020
- Added option to set H level on toggle area so you can switch from h1 to h6 in both Divi Modules
- Added option to set H level on block title so you can switch from h1 to h6 in both Divi Modules
- Added option to set H level on category so you can switch from h1 to h6 in both Divi Modules
- Tested on WordPress 5.5.1
- Tested for Divi Builder 4.6.1
3.0.10 – January 27, 2020
- Added `id` attribute to html markup for category title. Will help to create category nav breadcrumbs.
3.0.9 – January 9, 2020
- Fixed structured data output for the shortcodes.
- Updated freemius SDK to 2.3.2
3.0.8 – December 18, 2019
- Add sort options for `DF – FAQ` divi module.
- Add sort options for `DF – Multi Column FAQ` divi module.
- Add sort options for `FAQ List` gutenberg block.
3.0.7 – December 9, 2019
- Integrated custom support form in WordPress admin.
- Added icon color for open/close state for accordion block.
- Added sort settings for Accordion block.
- Fixed bug with border color for accordion block.
- Added `page attributes` to faq post type
- Added FAQ tab for WooCoomerce Product. Select one or more faq categories on the product page and render faqs from those categories.
- Updated `Accordion Block` – Options to show all faq’s expanded on initial load, faq question color setting on accordion open and close state.
- Added open/close arrow icons for FAQ accordion block items.
- Block setting fix for `Expand Accordion On Initial Load?`
- Upgraded freemius sdk to 4.3.1
- Divi FAQ Accordion block can show set icon color for open and close states.
3.0.2 – October 7, 2019
- Added fix for custom gutenberg category.
3.0.1 – September 4, 2019
- Added custom block category for mrkwp.
- Added custom icons for faq blocks.
3.0.0 – September 4, 2019
- Added FAQ list gutenberg block
- Added FAQ accordion gutenberg block
2.2.12 – August 26, 2019
- Fixed frontend builder issue for `Multi Column FAQ` where the question markup style was being affected by other text module style on the page for the frontend builder.
2.2.11 – August 23, 2019
- Added additional styling options for the `FAQ` and `Multi Column FAQ` module.
2.2.10 – July 23, 2019
- Updated structured data as per the changes in the FAQ schema.
- Trial users are now able to see the structured data.
2.2.9 – July 19, 2019
- Plugin allows trial users to create structured data
2.2.8 – July 19, 2019
- Plugin allows trial users to use divi module.
2.2.7 – July 12, 2019
- Fixed minor issue where amp script registration was incorrect
2.2.6 – July 4, 2019
- Changed namespace and plugin constants to avoid conflict with diviframework plugin
2.2.5 – June 27, 2019
- Branding update
- Free 7 day trial
2.2.4 – June 14, 2019
- Freemius integration for plugin update and payment
2.2.1 – May 21, 2019
- Removed unwanted divi module style from frontend
2.2.0 – May 3, 2019
- Added full builder support
- Fixed faq search in `DF – FAQ` module
2.1.1 – March 28, 2019
- Fixed licensing code issue
2.1.0 – September 24, 2018
- Added structured data support. Used in SEO.
2.0.0 – September 21, 2018
- Added frontend divi page builder support
1.1.4 – September 4, 2018
- Fixed a minor warning for multi column faq module
1.1.3 – June 26, 2018
- Bug fix: Wrong $post was being set after faq listing as post data reset wasn’t happening. This fix addresses that.
1.0.9 – October 5, 2017
- Made faq post type non-querable
1.0.8 – July 14, 2017
- Rearranged Multicolumn Module options to appropriate tabs
1.0.7 – July 14, 2017
- Added multi column faq module – This module can add all or selected categories faq in a multi column layout. One can set 1 to 4 as column values as the default. Question and answer’s font size, color and text orientation can be adjusted.
1.0.6 – May 2, 2017
- Renamed shortcode from df_faq to df_faq_shortcode
1.0.5 – April 26, 2017
- Added ability to select a custom view from divi module.
1.0.4 – April 26, 2017
- Fixed issue where faq answers formatting was being stripped
1.0.3 – April 18, 2017
- FAQ listing taxonomy query filter fixed
1.0.2 – March 16, 2017
- Added faq shortcode – [df_faq include_categories=” view_slug=” question_class=” answer_class=”]
1.0.1 – March 11, 2017
- Bug fix : Fixed a case insensitive issue
1.0.0 – February 10, 2017
- Initial Release