Migrating to the new Footer Plugin
Before you Begin
Before starting a plugin upgrade it is recommended to make a backup of your WordPress site. Sometimes weird stuff happens. We have tested this to the best of our ability and the procedure works in all our test cases.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
In July 2019 we changed our name from Divi Framework to MRK WP.
At the same time we moved our Footer plugin for Divi over to a WordPress.org repository.
As part of this change an installation upgrade was required that is a manual process. This is because the slug name was changed to work with the WordPress.org requirements.
This document details how to migrate your WordPress website to the new Footer Plugin for Divi.
This document is for existing diviframework.com users.
- Login in your website’s WordPress admin
Visit the plugin listing on your website and you should see the diviframework’s footer plugin installed and activated
- Install and activate new footer plugin from wordpress.org
Under Plugins, click Add New
Search for mrkwp-footer-plugin-for-divi in the keyword search.
You will get a single result for Footer Plugin For Divi. Install and activate the plugin.
The free version of the footer is hosted at https://wordpress.org/plugins/mrkwp-footer-for-divi/
- Deactivate the Old Footer
Now you can safely deactivate and delete the old footer plugin that was provided by Divi Framework.
- Optional – Activate the Premium Features
If you are using the Premium features like footer off on specific pages or the footer by post type you will need to activate the premium version of the plugin.
You can do that in the plugin screen.
Click on the upgrade button.
- Activate from the Side Bar
You can also upgrade from the side bar under the MRK WP Menu. Click the Upgrade link.
- Selecting your Upgrade Option
After clicking on the upgrade button you can select your upgrade option and checkout.
You are now using the new Footer plugin for Divi.
If you were using the old Divi Framework Hub and have no other plugins from Divi Framework you can deactivate that and delete the unused plugins.
If you need further help be sure to read over the documents and check out our Youtube Channel and social media.
Footer Plugin for Divi
Use the Divi Builder to make global and section footers with the Footer Plugin for Divi.
- Annual Plan Migration
- Migration steps for new Instagram Plugin
- Migration steps for Gravity Forms Membership
- Migration steps for Restaurant Menu Plugin
- Migration steps for Video Toolkit Plugin
- Migration steps Divi Framework Breadcrumbs Module
- Migrations steps for FAQ plugin
- Migration steps for Popover plugin
- Migration steps for Testimonial Plugin
- Migration steps for Yoast SEO Local Toolkit
- Migration steps for Divi Custom Post Builder
- Migration steps for VR View Plugin
- Migration steps for Extra Icons for Divi
- Migration steps for Business Directory Plugin