Do you have a Woocommerce store where you would like to set up a minimum cart order amount for your customers?
Enforcing a minimum order amount is a common practice for many online retailers. It helps to ensure that orders are profitable and that customers are purchasing enough products to make shipping worthwhile.
If you are using WooCommerce for your online store, there are a few different ways to set up a minimum order amount.
In this article, we will discuss why setting up a minimum cart order amount could be helpful to your WooCommerce store. We will also look at setting up the minimum cart order in WooCommerce using the WC Minimum Order Amount plugin.
Table of contents
Why Set Up a Minimum Order Amount?
Before we dive into the details, let us understand why establishing a minimum order amount is beneficial for your online business:
- Increased Revenue: By setting a minimum order amount, you encourage customers to add more items to their cart, boosting the overall value of each transaction.
- Cost-Effective Shipping: Larger orders often allow for more cost-effective shipping options, benefiting both you and your customers.
- Profit Maximisation: Setting a minimum order amount enables you to focus on higher-margin products, ultimately maximising your profits.
Setting Up a Minimum Order Amount
Having explored several reasons behind establishing a minimum cart order for an online store, let’s now delve into the step-by-step process of implementing it.
Video: How to Add a Minimum Cart Order Amount in WooCommerce
Watch the step-by-step guide on how to set up minimum order amounts inside WooCommerce.
Installing the WC Minimum Order Amount Plugin
Getting started with the WC Minimum Order Amount plugin is a breeze. Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Your WordPress Dashboard. Navigate to the Plugins section and click on Add New Search for “WC Minimum Order Amount”.
- Locate the right WC Minimum Order Amount plugin as shown in the screenshot.
- Click Install Now and then Activate the plugin.
Configuring the Minimum Order Amount
Now that you have the plugin activated, let’s explore how to set up a minimum order amount on your WooCommerce store.
First, you will need to access the plugin settings inside the WordPress dashboard.
To do this, go to WooCommerce > Settings. Inside the WooCommerce settings, stay inside the General settings tab.
Scroll to the bottom of the page until you find the Minimum Order Settings section.
To set the minimum order;
- Define the Minimum Amount: Set the desired minimum order amount in the provided field.
- Customise Error Messages (Optional): Tailor error messages that customers will see if they attempt to check out with an insufficient order value.
- Save Changes: Click the “Save Changes” button to apply your settings.
Testing the Minimum Order Amount:
After configuring the minimum order amount, it’s essential to test the functionality.
Add products to your cart and ensure that the plugin correctly enforces the minimum order requirement during the checkout process.
Shipping and order amounts
If your WooCommerce store is integrated with the shipping system, your will customers have to add their shipping details so that the total cost is computed before the checkout.
This way, both the cost of items and shipping costs will be be into consideration when checking if the minimum order amount threshold has been met.
Tips for Effective Implementation
- Communicate Clearly: Display the minimum order amount prominently on your website to inform customers before they start shopping.
- Offer Incentives: Consider offering discounts or free shipping for orders that exceed the minimum amount to motivate customers.
- Regularly Review and Adjust: Periodically review your minimum order amount based on sales data and customer behavior. Adjust the threshold if needed to align with your business goals.
Enforcing a minimum order amount can significantly increase profits and reduce costs for your online store.
With the steps shared above, you can use the WC Minimum Order Amount plugin to set up a minimum order amount in WooCommerce.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Extra WooCommerce Tips
You can check out other WooCommerce tips that could enhance the shopping experience for your customers.