In the visual world of WordPress, galleries are a powerful tool to showcase your photography, artwork, or products. But with the default WordPress editor lacking advanced features, creating stunning galleries can feel limiting.
That’s where Kadence Blocks comes in, a free plugin that supercharges your Gutenberg editor a variety of creative blocks, including an amazing advanced gallery block.
This guide will walk you through the steps of setting up a beautiful and engaging gallery in WordPress using Kadence Blocks.
Table of contents
Video: How to Set Up a Gallery in WordPress with Kadence Blocks
Here is a video tutorial on setting up a gallery on your WordPress site using Free Kadence Blocks.
Setting Up Your Gallery in WordPress With Kadence Blocks
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up your galery with Kadence Blocks.
Install and Activate Kadence Blocks Plugin
To get started,
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the “Plugins” menu.
- Click on “Add New Plugin“.
- Search for “Kadence Blocks“.
- Once you find the plugin, click “Install Now” and “Activate” to enable it on your website.
Adding the Gallery (Adv) Block to a Page.
- Create a new page or edit an existing one.
- Click the “+” icon and search for “Gallery.”
- Click on the “Gallery (Adv)” block.
- After adding the block, you will see a “Select Images” button, which you can use to add images to the block.
Customising the Advanced Gallery with Setting
After adding images to the block you can now proceed to styling it using the various settings it has to offer.
Under its General settings, you can;
- Set the gallery type. This can be a carousel, slider or a masonry kind of gallery.
- Adjust the number of columns and the gutter.
- Link configuration and enabling the lightbox.
- Captions settings.
Under the Style settings you can set the border radius, add and an image filter and shadow.
To adjust the margins and padding for the block, you will use the Advanced block settings.
More Gallery Options and Settings
If you would like to have more options and settings for the Advanced Gallery block, upgrade to Kadence Blocks Pro. This will give you access to more gallery layout options and conditional display settings.
With Kadence Blocks, creating beautiful and engaging galleries in WordPress is easier than ever.
By following these steps and exploring the plugin’s features, you can showcase your visual content in a way that impresses your visitors.
Remember, the Kadence Blocks free version offers a solid foundation for building basic galleries. So, unleash your creativity and start building stunning galleries today!
Check out some extra tips when it comes to using image-related Kandence Blocks in WordPress.