How do you add the Instagram icon to Divi?
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social network. Like Facebook, it’s audience is both individuals and businesses. Due to it’s large audience, businesses use it as branding and customer acquisition tool. Because of the growth of Instagram it is important to add Instagram to Divi.
Often, we get requests by our clients that they would like to show Instagram profiles on their website. As you know we use the Divi theme to build many client websites.
Fast Solution – Download the free plugin now
The fastest way to add Instagram to your Divi Header and Footer. Go direct and download the free plugin now from WordPress.org
The Default Divi Theme Header
Divi has a top header where you can showcase your client’s social media profiles. There’s a problem. Divi comes with a limited 4 social icons for your header and footer. They are
You can toggle and set social profile urls at WordPress Admin → Divi → Theme Options
There’s no easy way to add more social icons like instagram unless you write lot of custom code in your child theme.
You will need to
- Write code to toggle and set social profile urls for the new social icons. The settings need to be at WordPress Admin → Divi → Theme Options along with the default divi social icons.
- You will need to add social icon image files and stylesheet to you child theme.
- You will need to copy the social_icons.php file from includes folder in your Divi theme to your child theme.
- Once copied, you will need to update the social_icons.php file to include your new social icons.
That’s a lot of work for a single website.
Depending on the business profile of your clients, they might need social profiles other than Instagram. A client with a hotel might need a Trip Advisor profile. In essence, it’s highly possible that you will have to redo this for every website.
If, by default, Divi Theme does not have the required social media icon, you may also need to load another icon package. That’s not at all an easy task for the average Divi Theme user.
Introducing the Extra Icons Plugin for Divi!
I will make the following promises to you upfront.
- You don’t have to write code to show social profile options in your WordPress admin.
- No need to worry about fetching the social icon images and style sheet.
- No coding or editing of the includes/social_icons.php file from the Divi theme to your child theme.
We’ve got your covered.
How do we solve this problem?
What does the Extra Icons Plugin for Divi do?
- It integrates with Font Awesome Brand Icons . This gives you access to over 370+ icons. Yes, it has your Instagram icon tool.
- We’ve added out-of-the-box support for 19 social icons including Instagram. You get Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Linked In, Skype, Flickr, Dribble, Vimeo, 500px, Behance, Github, Bit Bucket, Deviant Art, Medium, Meetup, Slack, Snap Chat, Trip Advisor and Twitch.
What if I want to use other Font Awesome brand icons? Say Amazon?
You can use a filter df_update_social_icons to update the social icon list. A child theme is a good location to write this filter.
Adding custom social icons for Divi header and footer is a repetitive and time consuming process. This plugin takes the pain out of this process and adds integration with fontawesome brand icons. You save at least 1+ hour per website using this plugin.
Other Instagram Integrations
Another of our Free products is the Instagram Feed Module. This module allows you to pull your Instagram feed into a page or post using a Divi module.
Be sure to checkout these Free Products on our website and make use of these Instagram integrations for your Divi powered WordPress website.