Video Toolkit Module & Plugin
The Most Flexible Way to Use Videos on Your Divi Website!
Do you want more flexible options for embedding videos on your Divi Theme WordPress Website? If you do, then this is the tool for you!
We found the normal Divi Theme to be great for videos but the exact effects we wanted required some custom code. Using our Video Toolkit means you no longer need to add custom code to make your videos display the way you want.
With Post Types, Modules and Easy Customization this is definitely the plugin you need for your Divi Theme Website.
5 Divi Modules
Use a Divi Module to trigger a video light box with an Image, Button or Default Play element.
Multiple Video Formats
We support Facebook, Youtube, Vimeo and HTML 5 video player options.
Custom Post Type
A custom post type with categories to simplify your video library management.
Works with multiple display preferences and the easy to use Divi Builder.
Use Multiple Triggers for Video Popovers and Players
To create maximum flexibility, we have made multiple trigger options to display a video. This means you are sure to get the effect you want. With the our Video Toolkit you can trigger a video popover from images, buttons or text. The module also allows you to edit the light box color of your popover.
Divi Grid Module
Having a grid of videos in a library can be a great option when it comes to displaying lots of videos. In the standard Divi Theme this can hit your load time with lots of embeds loading from Youtube. With our Video Toolkit we only load simple thumbnails and each video is displayed in a distraction free light box. This is not only fast loading but is a great way to watch videos. The grid is powered by a custom post type so if you want videos in multiple places around your site you can enter it once.
Image and Button Modules
Using Images and buttons to trigger a light box is a tried and trusted method in modern web design. With our modules you can trigger a new video light box with an image so that on press it loads the video with auto play option.
We even included some shortcode tools and documentation to ensure you can watch your video using a simple text link. This makes the production process and triggering of your videos even more flexible.
Also included in the Divi modules are a load of design options so you can color your light box and add Call To Action buttons to the experience.
This makes the Divi Framework Video Toolkit the most flexible and powerful way to embed videos on your Divi Theme Website!
Learn more about this great plugin in the product overview video below.
Our Video Toolkit enables you to quickly and easily place videos inside your page layouts as well as make video libraries. Additional plugin features include:
- Video Post Type: Manage your video posts. Add Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook or self-hosted video details here. You can even group them by categories.
- Single Video Overlay Module: A Divi module to show a single video. You can add direct data or select a post item.
- Video Grid Module: A Divi module to display the videos from the post type in a grid. You can select custom categories.
- Video Overlay Using Image Module: This module builds on the Divi Image Module with all its functionality. It has greater control over the image settings, compared to the Video Overlay Module. Clicking the image loads a video embed in a popover. You also have the option to display a Call To Action button on the overlay.
- Video Overlay Using Button Module: This module builds on the Divi Button Module with all its functionality. It’s ideal when you want to draw a user’s attention with a Call To Action button. Clicking the button loads the video in a popover.
- Video Carousel Module: This module displays related videos in a carousel. The module provides settings to control the look and functionality of the carousel. Each video in the carousel works like Video Overlay Module. Group related videos in the WordPress admin using categories. Ideal for pages where you need to show related videos together.
- Theme Customizer: Set global style defaults for video markup related elements.
Take advantage of this great plugin and start using it on your website today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I autoplay my videos when the popup loads?Yes you can. We have options for that the post meta fields and divi module for single video.
Does the Video Toolkit support Facebook videos?Yes. We are pleased to say it does.
I have all my videos on Vimeo, does it use the local Vimeo Player?Yes it does. You can customise your vimeo player on the plus and pro plans to control how that player works however it will use the Vimeo player for your videos.
What types of videos can I use on the toolkit?We support Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook and self-hosted (mp4 + webm) videos. For self-hosted videos we recommend using a CDN.
FREE 7 DAY TRIAL. NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED
* All prices in $USD. These prices do not include local taxes.
Links to related documentation and usage of this plugin.
5.3.0 -December 9, 2019
- Added Inline Video Grid ACF Block.
- Divi video overlay module fix where preview image wasn't showing in front end builder.
- Added custom support form in admin.
- Freemius sdk to 2.3.1
- Added inline video gutenberg amp blocks for html5, youtube, facebook and vimeo.
- Added rich data support for videos for divi modules and gutenberg blocks.
- Added gutenberg blocks for image, button, grid and carousel.
4.0.3 -July 4, 2019
- Changed namespace and plugin constants to avoid conflict with diviframework plugin
4.0.2 -July 1, 2019
- Added a fix for theme customizer page which gives a fatal error when Divi theme is not activated.
4.0.1 -June 27, 2019
- Branding and plugin name update.
4.0.0 -June 14, 2019
- Freemius integration for plugin update and payments.
3.6.1 -April 24, 2019
- Frontend builder improvements for the video divi modules
3.6.0 -March 18, 2019
- Added full frontend builder support for video divi modules
3.5.0 -November 5, 2018
- Added video carousel module
- Added frontend builder support
3.4.2 -April 27, 2018
- Button and image video overlay module made compatible with divi 3.1+. These modules use divi's button and image module internally. 3.1+ divi version had breaking changes which affected these.
3.3.0 -February 6, 2018
- Added video image divi module
- Added video button divi module
- Added video anchor shortcode
3.2.2 -October 24, 2017
- Fixed performance issue: Use of php session in "video overlays auto load once per session" caused system resources issues. Using a cookie method for 30 minutes to mimic session time.
3.2.0 -October 10, 2017
- Overlay diameter and icon size options
- Added auto popup for divi overlay module
3.1.1 -August 30, 2017
- Removed magnific assets from the plugin. Divi loads the same internally.
3.1.0 -August 24, 2017
- Added theme customizer options. Removed setting options
- Categorized divi theme options
3.0.4 -July 31, 2017
- Added support for facebook video.
3.0.3 -July 24, 2017
- Added autoplay for youtube and vimeo.
3.0.2 -July 24, 2017
- Added ACF Pro plugin package link in dependancy check message
3.0.1 -July 5, 2017
- Added ability to extract video id from a youtube url. Youtube has serveral formats and all formats do not work with the plugin.
3.0.0 -June 16, 2017
- Rebranded to DF Video Toolkit
2.20 -June 15, 2017
- Added global settings for video button color
2.1.0 -June 2, 2017
- Added title for video including popup
2.0.0 -June 1, 2017
- Added custom post type for video
- Divi module for single video overlay can now select a post type
- html5 videos are served over REST api.
- video grid module with ability to select by category added.
1.1.0 -May 31, 2017
- Added ability to use html5 player
1.0.0 -April 28, 2017
- Initial Commit - Divi Overlay Module added