Extra Icons Plugin for Divi
Extra Social Media Link Support for Divi Theme!
The standard Divi Theme only supports a few link types. They are Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and your RSS Feed. Other social media links like Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram are not currently supported.
With the Extra Icons Plugin, you get an additional 19 social media icons and code support for over 200 platforms! Once you have activated this free plugin, you will get a list of plugin options to enable in your top menu or website footer. This makes your YouTube or Instagram integration much easier and saves hours of time spent custom coding.
The Extra Icons Plugin is the fastest and most affordable way to get this result for your Divi website. No need for custom code or a child theme, it’s all handled directly by the plugin.
19 Extended Icons Give You Great Coverage!
- Linked In
- Bit Bucket
- Deviant Art
- Snap Chat
- Trip Advisor
The Admin Interface for the Extra Icons Plugin
Once you have activated the plugin, go to your Divi Theme Options Menu in the WordPress Admin.
Once you have opened the Theme Options, you will see the new Social Media options.
As you can see a substantial number of new social media options have now been added.
Font Awesome Integration
The entire Font Awesome library is integrated with the plugin.
- You now have a list of over 370+ social icons to choose from.
- You don’t have to write any code to integrate those icons.
- You save up to an hour of time per website!
Over 370+ Social Icons
Wow! That’s an impressive number of icons. Isn’t it? We use the Font Awesome Brand Icons. Thank you Font Awesome for being so awesome ♥
Why did we choose Font Awesome? We chose to use Font Awesome because it has a large variety of social icons and because it’s very popular. Also there is a high probability that they will keep on adding to the social icons list.
Need an icon that’s not currently supported?
No problems! We have created some extensive documentation on exactly how to add any of the Font Awesome Icons to our plugin using a simple code snippet.
Save One Hour Per Website!
Now just for a moment, imagine that you are not using our plugin and a particular client wants to add their Amazon profile. You would have to:
- Write code in your child theme which integrates the new social icons in the Theme Options settings.
- Clone over the social_icons.php template into your child theme and add code for amazon social icon.
- Write code to enqueue font awesome.
The above process is repetitive in nature and takes around one hour of hour time per website (from our experience). The beaucty of our plugin is you don’t have to do any of that! (The only exception being if you need to integrate social icons which are not pre-bundled. Which shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes.)
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to dequeue the stylesheets using wp_dequeue_style.
We recommend that you keep the latest version of Font Awesome. To dequeue the font awesome files used in this plugin, dequeue the divi-fa and divi-fa-brands handle in your child theme.
We use version 5.3.1
DownloadDownload from WordPress.org
Links to related documentation and usage of this plugin.
2.0.1 - July 4, 2019
- Compatibillity for release on wordpress.org
- Branding update
1.3.0 - June 27, 2019
- Removed Divi Framework Authentication and Usage tracking. Ready for wordpress.org
- Branding update
1.2.1 - March 18, 2019
- Fix for licensing code check bug
1.2.0 - October 16, 2018
- Added fontawesome CDN and DNS prefetch for the CDN
1.1.0 - August 13, 2018
- Added df_update_social_icons filter. Using this filter you can add additional font awesome social icons to the pre-configured list
1.0.0 - August 3, 2018
- Initial Version