MRK WP - The WordPress Professionals
How to use the Semrush Topic Research tool
The first step is to navigate to the Semrush website, where you can create an account. Once this is set up, go to the Dashboard.
1. On the Semrush Project page, click on the “Content Marketing” tab, then click on the “Topic Research” tab below it. In the search bar, enter your topic idea. Select the Country, Region, or City, then click “Get Content.”
2. The result page has a number of filter options you can use to get relevant and different variations of keywords; Cards, Explorer, Overview, and Mind Map. Please see the materials section for more information on how to use the Topic research in Semrush.
3. Click “Show more” on each card for detailed information on the topic. Select the relevant keywords from the results page by checking the box beside each. These can then be added to the Keyword list and downloaded as a CSV or excel file.
- Use keywords relevant to your topic or primary keyword.
- Use keywords with low to moderate keyword difficulty and high volume.
In this lesson, we have covered how to identify target keywords based on a topic idea. From these findings, you have enough information to pick a suitable headline for your article as well as any relevant keywords for your blog article