MRK WP - The WordPress Professionals
Roll out the Update
After creating our backup, we can move ahead with site updates.
Remember, we are using a testing environment first. That is either staging or development first. We will eventually roll out the updates to production later after testing.
To carry out an update, follow the steps below;
- Go to the Updates page via the WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- WordPress categorises updates into four types. These are;
- WordPress core updates
- Plugin Updates
- Theme Updates
- Translation Updates.
- Select one item to update from any of the categories mentioned above.
- Click on Update the link. WP Engine will be asked if you have created a backup inside WP Engine before starting the update (we have done this in step/topic 4)
- If you have covered step 4, click ‘No, I already did this‘ or else, go ahead and create a backup point as shown in Topic 4.
- The update for the selected item will start and you will be notified on the update page when it has finished successfully.