MRK WP - The WordPress Professionals
After connecting Local to your WP Engine, you will have access to all your WP Engine sites on your Local.
To pull down a site, you can follow the following steps.
1. Go to the Connect Tab in your Local
Launch the Local application on your computer. Click on the “Connect” tab to open the Connect page.
You will see a list of all your WP Engine sites on this page.
2. Select the website to pull down
Look through the listed sites and select the site you would like to pull down to local.
Then, click the “Pull To Local” button.
3. Fill in the Form
On this form;
- Fill in the Name of the local site.
- Usually has the site name auto-filled by default.
- You can choose to give the Local site instance a different name.
- Select the site environment to pull down.
- The dropdown of environments is dependent on the environments associated with the selected site via your WP Engine Portal. Suppose the site has two environments on WP Engine. Local will provide you with only two environment options to pull down.
- You can pull down any site environment that is Production, staging or development.
This form also provides advanced options. They let you set some configurations before pulling down a site. These are;
- Adding the Local Site domain
- Setting the Local Site Path file location on your computer
You can leave these fields with their default values.
4. Connect and Pull
After filling in the form, click the “Connect and Pull Site” button to start the site pulling process.
The local overview page will appear when the site has been completely pulled down.
You can now open the local site instance in any of your browsers.
Check out the attached topic materials on how to pull down a site from WP Engine to Local.