MRK WP - The WordPress Professionals
Using the Semrush Writing Assistant
Now that you have connected the Semrush Writing Assistant to your website, it is time to start generating SEO recommendations for your article.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to “Posts” and open your blog post. In the post, scroll down to the SEO writing assistant. Enter the target keywords for your blog post. You can add up to 30 keywords to enrich your SEO results. Then select the location for your target audience.
- Click “Get recommendations” for the optimisation to begin. Semrush will analyze your competitor’s content, then provide you with winning ideas.
- Now optimise your content based on the recommendations from Semrush. Click through the different categories of SEO, Readability, Tone of voice, and Originality, for in-depth analysis and recommendations for SEO optimisation.
Here are the 4 categories of the Semrush Writing Assistant:
If your target keyword is not included, enter it here. A number of recommended keywords will be generated. keywords already appearing in your article will have a green highlight.
Other recommendations in the SEO category include;
- Link issues: The Semrush Writing Assistant checks your content for external and internal links. If the links are included, it checks to ensure they have no errors.
- Image and Alt attribute issues: The assistant also checks whether images have been added and have alt attributes.
After SEO analysis, go to your assistant’s “Readability” section to check for readability. It scans how easy your text is for readers. Semrush provides feedback based on the Flesch-Kincaid reading-ease score.
Tone of voice:
Click on the “Tone of voice” button to check your copy’s tone of voice score and consistency percentage in the SEO writing assistant. It will highlight the most formal and casual sentences so that you can improve them.
Finally, check for plagiarism within your text with the “Originality” feature. Click the “Originality” section in the tool to see the originality percentage for your copy. The percentage calculates the number of words not similar to other text on the internet.
If the writing assistant flags your content with a high risk of plagiarism, consider rewriting or editing it. A “Rephraser” feature rewrites small bits of text using artificial intelligence. You can use this feature to edit the text in some paragraphs and sentences.
After making adjustments to your article in all four categories, you will see an overall score from the writing assistant. The more improvements you make, the higher the score.