MRK WP - The WordPress Professionals
Before you Begin
Before starting a plugin upgrade it is recommended to make a backup of your WordPress site. Sometimes weird stuff happens. We have tested this to the best of our ability and the procedure works in all our test cases.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
In July 2019 we changed our name from Divi Framework to MRK WP.
At the same time, we moved our Footer plugin for Divi over to a WordPress.org repository.
As part of this change, an installation upgrade was necessary, which is a manual process. This is because the slug name changed, to work with the WordPress.org requirements.
This document details how to migrate your WordPress website to the new Footer Plugin for Divi.
This document is for existing diviframework.com users.
- Login to your website’s WordPress admin: Visit the plugin listing on your website and you should see the Divi framework’s footer plugin installed and activated.
- Install and activate the new footer plugin from wordpress.org: Under Plugins, click Add New
Search for mrkwp-footer-plugin-for-divi in the keyword search.
You will get a single result for Footer Plugin For Divi. Install and activate the plugin.
The free version of the footer is hosted right here.
- Deactivate the Old Footer: Now you can safely deactivate and delete the old footer plugin that was provided by Divi Framework.
- Optional – Activate the Premium Features: If you are using the Premium features like footer off on specific pages or the footer by post type you will need to activate the premium version of the plugin.
You can do that on the plugin screen.
Click on the upgrade button.
- Activate from the Side BarYou can also upgrade from the sidebar under the MRK WP Menu. Click the Upgrade link.
- Selecting your Upgrade Option: After clicking on the upgrade button you can select your upgrade option and checkout.
You are now using the new Footer plugin for Divi.
If you were using the old Divi Framework Hub and have no other plugins from Divi Framework you can deactivate that and delete the unused plugins.