Adding a Site to WP Engine
You can add either a new or an existing site to your WP Engine plan.
Adding a New Site
1. Add Site
Adding a new site to WP Engine is very easy. Click the “Add Site” button at the top-right-hand corner to get started.
2. Select Site Type
Select the types of site you will be setting up. A site falls under two categories.
- Personal site: – If the new site belongs to you, it counts under your site allowance plan.
- Transferable site: – If the new site will later be transferred to another WP Engine user. This site type does not count under your site allowance plan.
3. Site Setup Method
In this step, you select the setup you will use to start the site. There are five methods offered here;
- Starting with a blank site: An empty WordPress site with a Genesis Pro theme.
- Starting with a guided experience: Comes with site-building tools and sample content.
- Migrating a site: Moving an existing site from another host to WP Engine.
- Copy an existing environment to a new site: – Cloning an existing environment in WP Engine. That is, setting up a new site and preserving the old environment copy.
- Move an existing environment to a new site: – Shifting an existing environment in WP Engine. That is, setting up a new site and deleting the old environment copy.
4. Add site details
The next step is adding the following details about a site.
- Site name
- Environment name
- Environment type
- Install the Automatic plugin updates by Smart Plugin Manager – Optional
- Add site to a group – Optional
After filling in these details, click ‘Add Site‘ to finalise the process.
Migrating an existing site
For cases where you have an existing site and would like to migrate it to WP Engine. There are two types of migrations you could use;
Here are links to extra resources and documentation on adding sites to your WP Engine hosting.
- How to build a new site on WP Engine
- WP Engine: Select or Change a Website’s Data Center
- WP Engine Transferable Sites and Environments
- WP Engine Automatic site migration
- WP Engine Manual migration process
- How to import a WordPress Database in WP Engine
- How to download WP-Content Folder
- How to migrate posts/pages between WordPress websites.