Displaying your Testimonials
Testimonials are social proof. They helps your customers to better understand your product.
It sometimes creates a ‘herd mentality’ effect.
Imagine a popular person recommending your product. People following this person would have a positive impact about your product. It may nudge them you buy your product.
Testimonials ease the minds of worried customers and hence helps increase conversions.
Apart from making WordPress plugins and themes, we create custom WordPress websites for corporates and SME mainly. Since the majority of our clients are businesses who are into some kind of trade, we always use our testimonials plugin.
To make the management of testimonials easy, our plugin has a separate area in WordPress admin where you can add, edit, categorize and list your testimonials.
Each testimonial has a name, testimonial text, portrait image, author, job title, author or company URL and a star rating. Adding a testimonial has never been this easy!
Add and update testimonials in the WordPress admin and have them auto-reflected into your frontend without changing the frontend code. How awesome!
How you present testimonials to your potential customers is equally as important. To help, we have incorporated the following types of testimonial views:
- Testimonials Slider View
- Testimonials Grid View
- Testimonials List/Card View
I will elaborate on each view below and explain how to configure it.
Testimonials Slider View
In the Slider View, only one testimonial is visible at a given point of time. The testimonials move horizontally from right to left at a fixed duration. This movement creates the slider effect.
To create a testimonial slider, add the DF Testimonials Slider Divi Module to a column inside the Divi Page Builder.
Options present are:
- Testimonial Content options include limiting the number of testimonials, choosing specific categories.
- Slider Options include slider animation, show/hide arrows, dot pagination, automation animation, animation speed.
- Testimonial User Image options include show/hide image, image alignment, set rounded border.
- Quotation Mark options include ability to show/hide quotation mark, background colour of the quotation mark.
- Ratings Options include ability to show/hide user ratings, set star colour.
- Testimonials Text options include testimonial/slider background, font options – like font family, weight, style, alignment, size, letter spacing and shadow.
- Custom CSS for testimonial container, user image, testimonial text, author, job title, dot pagination, slider arrows.
Testimonials Grid View
In the Grid View, all testimonials are visible at the same time. A grid is a series of vertical and horizontal lines which subdivide the grid area into rows and columns. An excel sheet is a good example of a grid.
To create a testimonial grid, add the Testimonials List Module Divi Module to a column inside the Divi Page Builder and ensure that the Layout dropdown option in the module is Grid.
Options present are:
- General Options to select the layout (grid in this case), whether to make all the column of equal height, setting the content height and choosing testimonial categories.
- Grid Options to select the number of columns in a grid row. You can set 2-4 columns.
- Author Image options include image width, set rounded border, border styles.
- Ratings Options include ability to show/hide user ratings, set rating star colour.
- Testimonials Author Text, Testimonials Designation Text, and Testimonials Text options include set font options – like font family, weight, style, alignment, size, letter spacing and shadow.
- Custom CSS for testimonial item container, author photo, author name, testimonial grid container, testimonial text, testimonial text expander link, ratings container, ratings svg element.
Testimonials List/Card View
In the List/Card view, all testimonials are visible at the same time. The testimonial list view has horizontal cards in which each row has a single card. A card bundles information about a subject. In our case, a card contains elements like author image, testimonial text, rating, author details etc.
To create a testimonial list, add the Testimonials List Module Divi Module to a column inside the Divi Page Builder and ensure that the Layout dropdown option in the module is List.
Options are same as the Testimonials Grid View. Exception is Grid Options which isn’t present.
The above methods of displaying testimonials represent the bulk of the layout options we have integrated for our own clients. With a ton of styling options available, you can make some really unique testimonial views!
Manage Testimonials as post types with front end placement using the Divi Visual Builder.