Breadcrumbs with Custom Post Types and Categories
This snippet is very similar to the Learn Dash Code and once you understand how it works can be used in the same wpseo_breadcrumb_filter.
Once you have read that please review the gist code snippet.
In this function the IF statement to determine if we need to edit a call is uses a is_tax function in WordPress.
This is looking for a taxonomy that is available and to then edit the breadcrumb path.
This is very useful for custom post types
Without this snippet you will only get a category name and not the top classification.
With a simple edit, you can add any Taxonomy as a new IF statement and replace the breadcrumb path again.
Adds a new clean header with breadcrumbs powered by the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Installation of Breadcrumb Module
- Breadcrumb Module - Getting Started
- Breadcrumb Module - Configuration
- Breadcrumb Module - Theme Customiser
- Breadcrumb Module - Layout Options
- Breadcrumb Module - Managing Titles
- Breadcrumb Module Options
- Breadcrumb Module – Shortcodes
- Breadcrumb Module – CSS Tutorial
- Breadcrumb Module – Padding Options
- Featured Image as Background
- ACF Field as Background
- Breadcrumb Learndash Snippet